January 21, 2021 - General Meeting - Workshop + Presentation
Join Us – Virtual Presentation
Thursday, January 21, 2021
Workshop: 11:30 a.m. to 12:35 p.m.
Hot Topics in Florida Probate Law for 2020:
A Litigator’s Perspective
Juan C. Antúnez, Esq., Stokes McMillan Antúnez P.A.
Brian J. Felcoski, Esq., Goldman, Felcoski & Stone P.A.
Panelists share their thoughts and insights as they tackle the hottest topics roiling Florida’s probate world in 2020, including:
- Will Florida’s new summary judgment standard fundamentally change the nature of inheritance litigation in this state?
- What are the real world implications of Florida’s new electronic wills statute?
- What does the 4th DCA’s opinion in Erlandsson v. Erlandsson have to teach us about how to ethically represent disabled adults, especially in contested guardianship proceedings?
- What are the real world implications of Florida’s new rule requiring attorneys to obtain signed written consents before writing themselves into their client’s wills or trusts as personal representatives or trustees?
- Does service of “formal notice” equal personal jurisdiction and why should we care?
- What’s the backstory on Florida’s new rule requiring a “notice of administration” to put parties on notice they might forfeit their chance to challenge a trust if they don’t also challenge the settlor’s will?
Presentation - 12:40 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Guiding Families Through the Uncertainty
of the Lasting Effects of the Pandemic
Devin W. Blackburn, J.D., LL.M. (Taxation)
For the thoughtful and experienced trustee, this presentation will set forth specific considerations necessary to serve families as they navigate difficult personal, social and financial challenges brought on by the pandemic – from managing emotions and fears to maintaining non-income producing assets in trust.
The webinars have applied for
for 2 hours of continuing education credit for the following disciplines:
CLE (Legal), CFP® (Certified Financial Planners) and CPE(Accountancy)
Free to EPC of Miami Members, Non Members & Guests
Webinar Dial-In details will be emailed upon confirmation
This Meeting is Generously Sponsored By
For more information and to receive news and updates from the Council follow us: