In order to qualify for membership you must have been activitively engaged in your profession in the state of Florida for at least one year and have been activitively engaged in estate planning for at least three years.
The Council accepts professionals of the following disciplines:
- Trust Officers - Officers of trust companies and banks maintaining Trust Departments
- Certified Public Accountants
- Financial Services Professionals including Life Underwriters who have received the Chartered Life Underwriter designation, Financial Consultants who have received the Chartered Financial Consultant designation and Financial Planners who have received the Certified Financial Planner designation
- Planned giving professionals of charitable organizations
- Associate Membership - Any CPA candidate, Attorney, Trust Officer, CLU matriculant, ChFC matriculant or CFP matriculant or planned giving professional of a charitable organization, not otherwise qualified for membership, can qualify for Associate Membership. No such membership can exceed five years in duration. Associate Members can participate on council committees with all the rights of membership with the exception of the right to vote or hold elected office.